WINCHESTER, Va., Oct. 24, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- This year marks a major milestone for Trex Company, the inventor and leading manufacturer of composite decking, as it celebrates its 25th year in Winchester, Virginia, along with 12 employees who have been with the company since the beginning.
Trex’s Winchester story began in 1993, when the first composite board rolled off the production line. Manufactured from 95 percent recycled content, the innovative material introduced an eco-conscious, low-maintenance alternative to wood decking that quickly took the market by storm. Twenty-five years later, Trex continues to engineer what’s next in outdoor living, offering an expansive portfolio of high-performance, low-maintenance products. Today, Trex is the global leader in wood-alternative decking with the largest market share in North America, products sold in more than 61 countries around the world, more than $640,000,000 in annual sales and one of the largest recyclers of plastic in the U.S. – keeping more than 400 million pounds of plastic and wood scrap out of landfills every year.
Twelve Trex employees have been with the company every step of the way. Celebrating their 25th anniversaries with the company are:
- Janney Dunham of Hedgesville, West Virginia – Maintenance Technician
- Richard Eaton of Gore, Virginia – Maintenance Team Leader
- Thomas Edwards of Stephens City, Virginia – Engineering Technician
- Patrick Franklin of Winchester, Virginia – Plant Manager
- Terry Fox of Hedgesville, West Virginia – Process Technician
- Barry Lloyd of Winchester, Virginia – Incoming Raw Material/Audit Lead
- Daniel McGill of Winchester, Virginia – Engineering Technician
- Michael Montgomery of Martinsburg, West Virginia – Operational Excellence Engineer
- Philip Orndorff of Mauertown, Virginia – Maintenance Team Leader
- Tammy Shirley of Winchester, Virginia – Process Technician
- Jeffery Stanley of Winchester, Virginia – Development Technician
- Jeffrey Waugh of Martinsburg, West Virginia – Site Trainer
“These individuals represent the heart and history of our company,” said Jim Cline, president and CEO of Trex Company. “Their dedication and hard work are driving forces behind our continued success and we are honored that they have chosen to make Trex their home-away-from-home for the past 25 years.”
Trex celebrated the 25-year employee anniversaries during a special awards ceremony held on October 16 at the Winchester manufacturing facility.
For more information about Trex, visit Trex.com.
About Trex Company
Trex Company is the world’s largest manufacturer of high performance wood-alternative decking and railing, with more than 25 years of product experience. Stocked in more than 6,700 retail locations worldwide, Trex outdoor living products offer a wide range of style options with fewer ongoing maintenance requirements than wood, as well as a truly environmentally responsible choice. For more information, visit trex.com. You also can follow Trex on Twitter (@Trex_Company), Instagram (@trexcompany) Pinterest (trexcompany), or Houzz (trex-company-inc), “like” Trex on Facebook, or view product and demonstration videos on the brand’s YouTube channel (TheTrexCo).
Contact: Lindsey Lucenta or Brian Shutters
L.C. Williams & Associates
800/837-7123 or 312/565-3900
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Trex Company, Inc.